LOGO KG

Nimo-KG's history

Nimo-KG originated in the village smithy in Kågeröd in Sweden. Products such wood gas generators and fire engine superstructures were manufactured under the Kå-Ge brand.

1958
Seth Hermansson buys the smithy from the Selander brothers. The company begins manufacturing handling equipment for the food industry and other manufacturing industries under the Kå-Ge Lyften brand. The first tippers are exported to the Soviet Union.

1963
The company is restructured into a limited company, AB Hermanssons Mekaniska.

1970
Olle Olsson buys the company and expands the handling equipment business.

1976
The company outgrows the smithy in the centre of the village and opens a new workshop at Böketoftavägen 21.

1981
The workshop becomes too small once again and new premises at Böketoftavägen 25 are opened.

1984
The company opens a manufacturing unit in Wales.

1987
The brand is internationalised, and Kå-Ge Lyften becomes KG-Lyften.

1988
The company name is changed to KG-Lyften AB.

1990
The company is purchased by Nimoverken AB, a collaboration partner and supplier of stainless steel container. The unit in Wales is phased out.

1992
The company is renamed Nimo-KG Transportsystem AB. Kenneth Hallqvist succeeds Olle Olsson as MD.

1999
The company concentrates on engineering only and moves to an office at Bygatan 9. Manufacturing now takes place via a network of suppliers, both nearby, in the rest of the country and in Europe.

2003
Machine number 10,000 delivered to Australia.

2005
Kennet Hallqvist retires and is succeeded as MD by Johan Bergman.

2010
The company is renamed Nimo-KG AB.

2013
After 15 years with the company, Martin Olsson becomes the new MD.

 

nimo 140617kg 007 low